Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 24th, 2012

We've been working on the quilt.  (well, mostly me).  I love it.  I love having something productive to do as I finish out these last weeks of the pregnancy.  I am so thankful that Trever encouraged me to send out an invite for our friends to contribute to Abby's quilt.  Encouraged might be a bit understating what he did, he pretty much had to strong-arm me get me started.

It's been amazing to see the love that has poured in for her.  As I prepped each piece of fabric I felt blessed. I've never enjoyed ironing so much.  Even while cutting I was trying to remember who contributed each fabric.

My dear friend Marissa basically forced me to make the choice to hire someone to embroider each square.  I was planning to work on the embroidery myself with a friends machine but it ended up in the shop.  I'm thankful that we didn't give up on adding names.  I'm thankful for her push, she knew I needed it. I'll have the squares back in a couple days and then I'll be working hard to put the quilt together so we can send it off to be quilted.

This is going to be a very special quilt.  I'm so excited to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment