Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 17th, 2012

There is a chance that I'm holding some stress internally.  Haha.  I went to the Chiropractor today.  My body is a wreck.  My hips hurt, causing me to have trouble sleeping.  And the tenderness in my shoulders/neck/hips was a little extreme.  I could probably use daily adjustments and massage.  Somehow I know that isn't going to happen.  It was nice to have a few moments to take care of myself today.

As I drove home the song Easy Silence by the Dixie Chicks was on.  When this song first came out a friend called me to tell me she found a song that reminder her of what Trever offers me.  She is so right.  And it's definitely obvious during this stage of our life.


"And I come to find a refuge in the

Easy silence that you make for me
It's okay when there's nothing more to say to me
And the peaceful quiet you create for me
And the way you keep the world at bay for me"



I'm so fortunate to have Trever as my partner in life.  Sometime I think I couldn't go through this without him, I know that isn't entirely true.  But I also know that I could not walk this journey without him and feel as... well, I don't know the word, but it just wouldn't be the same.  Not even close.

It's amazing to have someone in my life who cares so deeply for me.  He balances me, validates me, protects me (from myself and the world around me), encourages me and intensely loves me.  I am so blessed, in so many ways.

When I think of the path we've shared all I can think is how blessed our life is.  I look back with rose colored glasses.  It's not that we haven't had difficult times: During our first 5 years of marraige we lived in 5 different houses (including living temporarily with my parents), we moved over an hour away from Trever's work causing him to have to commute which was not an easy/happy transition, we've endured/enjoyed 5 pregnancies (one ending in miscarriage) and with that 3 newborn stages, we built a house which resulted in Trever being gone from the family for about 6 - 6 1/2 days each week (not to mention the stress that goes along with learning to build a house and manage the building process), and there have been a fair number of injuries (all Trever, never me... I know it really wouldn't pay off but someday I think it would be nice to be the person laid up in bed reading and watching movies while my meals are brought to me... in truth I really wouldn't like that, and neither does he).

Anyway... I'm just so thankful.  I know that our life will continue to have challenges and I couldn't be more excited to face them with anyone else.  I hope that each of our children are as blesses as we are in their futures, with their partners in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment