Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23rd, 2012

We're about to head into the hospital.  As I called to confirm I was torn between wanting to head in and wanting them to tell me to wait until tomorrow.  My heart skipped a beat... with excitement/terror... and now I'm sticking with excitement.

I can't believe our fourth (kind of fifth) and final pregnancy is almost over.  I can't believe we are almost going to meet Abby (within 24 hours or so????).  She just wiggled... she must be excited too.

I was telling Trever, she has no idea we're about to pull her out of her warm and comfortable home.  And we have no idea how she is about to impact our lives.  I hope she likes us ;)

My emotions have run the gamut today.  I was great this morning, staying fairly detached.  Then as I walked through the grocery store a wave of anxiety swept over me.  I could feel the heat and the tingling.  As the day has continued I've had tears in my eyes as well as lots of excitement.

Right now I'm feeling the sadness of being away from my children for an unknown amount of time.  I'm already missing them.  Even when they visit in the hospital it won't be the same.  But we'll be home soon, and we'll make time to share "normal" moments with each of them.

We've had an outpouring of love from so many different people today and yesterday... clearly little Abby is in the thoughts of many people.  And we're so thankful for all the loving thoughts and prayers.  Abigail is so loved, and we are so blessed by all of that love.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing blog. You certainly have a way with words. I know none of this seems fair but I honestly believe that God only gives us what we can handle. I have a feeling you are going to be a speaker, a mentor and a counselor for other people going through the same thing. You, my friend, might be the next Kelle Hampton. You have her bravery, grace and talent. Wishing you and your family peace and comfort during this time. What you have done for Abby is so selfless and admirable. You and Trevor are amazing people. You did the right thing, may you always remember that. You will be in my prayers. TTF
    - McKenna

    ReplyDelete