Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19th, 2012

I have a doctors appointment in the morning.  At the appointment we will decide whether I will go in for my induction at night on  Monday the 23rd, or in the morning on the 24th.

I started making a list of things to pack for the hospital.  It's a long list, I feel like I'm heading out on a big trip.  There really isn't much for me, at this point I know how little I need.  But I think Abby might have her own bag!  I have the beautiful quilt to bring, some clothes for her, some props for photos since our photographer will be (hopefully) at the birth, and a box of keepsake collecting items.  Then I decided since we might be there during the night, I should have some movies, books, etc.  I am very doubtful I'll be able to sleep much.

I have this belief that if I don't get the bags packed tonight I am going to show up tomorrow and the doctor is going to decide that we should just induce right away.  I guess I have some work to do tonight.  Then it'll work out that we'll be on par tomorrow for induction next week.

If there is one thing (and there are so many more than that) that I have learned during this pregnancy it's that you can't plan for anything, so you might as well prepare for everything.  And then just relax and enjoy the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment