Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August 22nd, 2012

Oh, the last couple of days have been full of emotion... really it's been the last week.

I miss being pregnant.

I miss the hope of meeting my darling girl.

I miss the moments when I got to hold her and kiss her.

I miss the moments when we were surrounded by friends and family celebrating her arrival.

I'm so thankful for what I miss...

That I was pregnant.

That we anticipated meeting Abigail.

That I was able to hold her and kiss her.

That we had so many moments shared with friends and family.

I started writing this with a sadness in my heart, but thinking about the reason for my sadness is a reminder of the joy.  I'm really so thankful.  We are so blessed, I am so blessed.  Oh my, it feels so good to feel some happiness.

I stole this from a very wise woman, I have no idea where she got it.

"Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened"  Jaci Schiffern.

She didn't write it for me, she wrote it in response to a story from her own life.  I've learned so much from Jaci, so many lessons that she never set out to teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment