Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 2nd, 2012

Trever and I just got back from a much needed vacation.  I had so many thoughts while we were away, I wish I had a laptop.

Right now I can't really focus on our trip, on the emotions that we experienced (all tucked in around our fun time with friends and much needed time as a couple).

I came home to find a note that a woman who is so dear to me is headed into surgery tomorrow.  9 days ago she found out that her breast cancer has metastasized to her brain.  Yesterday she met with her neurosurgery team.  Tomorrow she goes in for surgery to remove at least one, possibly more tumors.  I'm in shock.  I'm feeling numb.  I want to get on a plane and fly to Charlotte.  Now is not the time, but I'm keeping that option open.

My heart is already so heavy with emotions.  It wasn't the easiest week.  It's amazing when the emotional pain creates physical pressure on your body.  I'm sure that emotions are always affecting me physically, I guess it's just amazing when I am able to realize it due to decreased distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment