Saturday, April 7, 2012

Psalm 139

A friend sent this to me today:


Ps 139: 13-18

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed body.  All teh days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.  How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!  How vast the sum of them!  Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.  Wen I awake, I am still with you.


"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Although the entire verse is significant, that is my favorite sentence.  There are so many people hoping for a miracle for Abigail.  I know that is what they need to do.  I find myself wanting to embrace her for who she is, for how she was created.  I know I can learn so much from accepting her and her differences.  Recognizing that God does not promise us a long, healthy, easy life, but He does promise to give us strength throughout our trials.

1 comment:

  1. Loving your grasp of God's designs and purposes. I live daily recognizing that eternity is hard to wrap my brain around. I do know that He calls this life a vapor in comparison, and that I can understand. I really believe that the temporary sufferings we endure will be far outweighed by the splendor of being with loved ones Forever. Check out 2 Cor. 4:17-18!!

    ReplyDelete