Saturday, March 24, 2012

March 24th, 2012

I'm awake this morning and feeling so close to normal.  Yay!!!  Maybe time with friends really is the best medicine.

Heading up to see my husband for his work function tonight.  I feel closer to him than anyone in the world, my heart is aching a bit at the excitement to have his arms around me.  This was our first time being apart since we started this path, it's been okay but now that I know we'll be together for a few hours I'm "feeling" the distance.

I remember this same feeling the first time I left my baby boy.  I just drove down the road a few miles to pick Trever up from somewhere.  It was the first time there had been physical distance between Nathan and me (if I was taught correctly then I just said that properly, it's not Nathan and I, right???) and I could tangibly feel the tug at my heart.  What a strange sensation.

So I'm going to clean myself up... head out of town and make a day of it.  Even if this feeling of almost normal doesn't last it was nice to catch a glimpse of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment