Sunday, March 25, 2012

Prayer

Someone took the time to ask me if I have a specific prayer request.  How thoughtful is that? Here was my response, this may change during the next months but this is where I'm at today.

"I'd love you to pray for our strength during this journey, our ability to focus on the joy of the pregnancy, to enjoy each moment with Abby as a blessing and then our ability to heal after she is in Heaven.  If that's not a long enough list I would really like her to be born alive, to see her eyes and give her kisses while she is a part of our world."

Is that too much to ask, I'm gonna say NO.   I don't "dream" well, I've tried to work on it over the years, I haven't succeeded yet.  I try to be happy with what is given to me... but I know that visualizing some big dreams can help motivate you to strive for them.  And when you strive for something big you'll always get further than where you are today.  I'm not lazy, I'm motivated for greatness, I just don't dream big... that probably doesn't make sense.  It must work out for me, I have an amazing life: my life partner/husband/lover/best friend was clearly chosen by God, my kids are more than I would have thought to ask for, and our life seems to have balance (although more art projects and park time would be good for me to strive for).

And we were blessed to grow another baby, this might not be the path we envisioned but I'm so aware of what a blessing it is.  What an honor to care for a sweet little girl who will be "special" in countless ways.

I'm sharing these thoughts with a bunch of you because I believe in the power of prayer.  So, if you are so inclined (and I'm very aware and comfortable that you may not be) please add us to your prayers and please feel free to use my specific list.

PS. Trever would like at least 1-2 months with Abigail/Abby/Abigirl (I'm so tempted to just go with Abigirl).  It's a bit out of reach for me (see, I'm so limited!!!), but I'm all for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment